The Senior Technical Application Architect is a technical leadership position with a product-oriented vision to optimize the user experience and value. The idea candidate is a hands-on technical expert in modern web application development solutions, capable of working with multiple agile teams and stakeholders in a multi-vendor environment.
You will draw insights from research, analytics, and customer engagements to influence future product development and roadmaps. You will be required to move through the architect’s elevator to translate challenges, engineering solutions, and advise senior technical and business decision makers, executives and development teams.
You are expected to have strong software engineering and architectural expertise in building cloud native solutions. As a member of the engineering team, you will work alongside and mentor multiple agile teams to understand and prioritize customer experiences.
You will be working on a large, complex cloud scale distributed mission critical system that serves millions of beneficiaries across the world. This system is being built and operated by multiple vendor teams. You will need exceptional situational awareness, stakeholder management, cross-group collaboration, strategic thinking, and interpersonal skills to be successful in this role.
Roles and responsibilities:
· Provide technical leadership to multiple agile teams
· Collaborate with multiple vendors to research, brainstorm, and identify solutions and designs
· Analyze client and user experience requirements, business workflows, and policies in order to transform requirements into technical specifications and implement solutions
· Provide technical guidance, oversight, and reviews to the development team to deliver quality solutions consistently
· Provide proactive and strategic technical guidance to improve resiliency, performance, scalability, and costs via AWS Well Architected Framework lens or similar industry best practices
· Create and nurture a culture of trust, respect, collaboration, excellence, and innovation across multiple vendors
· Create structure, guidelines, and processes to scale best practices across multiple agile teams and vendors
· Manage the engineering team members, provide performance evaluations, and mentor them to adopt best practices and provide excellent service to clients
· As part of the company’s growth efforts, participate in coding and design challenges to build working prototypes.
· Bachelor’s Degree and at least 4 years leading/ architecting all phases of the agile software development life cycle.
· Over 8 plus years of progressive experience as developer, senior developer, lead developer etc. building and architecting large scale enterprise applications.
· Must be able to effectively and professionally communicate to management, peers and customers as well as demonstrate sound judgment/reasoning skills
· Experience directing the work of large teams (20 or more people)
· Experience in a people leadership role
· Experience in an Agile environment, leading agile sprint teams and using agile collaboration tools (Jira, confluence, etc.)
· Demonstrated ability to diagnose business problems and support the development of product roadmaps and timelines for product implementation.
· Demonstrated ability to analyze complex data and businesses for business operations; demonstrated ability to understand user needs for system and interfaces and document requirements. Able to perform end-to-end business process analysis to identify gaps and come up with improvements.
· Must have demonstrated experience in documenting complex technical and business problems in a simple & intuitive manner that others can understand.
· Must show appetite for active learning, embracing change and mentoring others in organization.
· Experience working with data models and integration using Spring Data/Hibernate with Oracle and Postgres.
· Experience working in the AWS cloud ecosystem specifically around container-based workloads
· Experience building, deploying, and operating containerized micro-services with declarative GitOps using ArgoCD and Helm Charts or similar in cloud native Kubernetes environments.
· Experience working with various application/service integration patterns including event driven architecture, supporting frameworks like Apache Kafka or ActiveMQ systems
· Experience building REST API micro-services in the Open API eco-system with tools like Insomnia, Kong API Gateway and authorization protocols like OAUTH2
Some of the day-to-day activities will include but not limited to:
· On a typical day, the team will be working on building/enhancing a frontend application built in AngularJS (and ReactJS), supported by REST APIs built as Java Springboot API Micro-services distributed as hardened secure container images and deployed to Kubernetes environments on AWS EKS via GitOps/Helm Charts.
· Working with Technical Leadership, Chief Architect, Product Managers, Stakeholders and Vendor teams to come up with Product Architecture, road maps and implementation plans.
· Collaborating with Product teams to review code, designing proofs of concept, frameworks, and ensuring best practices
· Representing the engineering team in Sprint demos to Clients.
· Understanding and working with complex data and business processes to modernize legacy systems to improve the user experience.
· Adhere to and drive agile & iterative development practices.
Public Trust Clearance
This role requires the hired candidate to go through public clearance. A minimum of 3 years of stay in the U.S. within the last 5 years is a must to be eligible to qualify for public trust clearance sponsorship.
At this time we can only consider United States citizens for this role.
We do have great open collaboration physical office spaces in Leesburg VA and Baltimore MD for those of us that may prefer either short term or long-term physical spaces. However, Softrams is a 100% remote first team environment, and this role is a 100% remote opportunity within the USA. Softrams works in the eastern zone and standard work hours are 9 AM ET to 5 PM ET with flexibility around the start and end times based on the team's needs.
Benefits and Perks
At Softrams you will have freedom and opportunities to shape your career and grow with the organization. Starting with great competitive pay, variety of learning opportunities and great benefits to amazing opportunities to grow. Here is a short list of benefits for quick reference, but we encourage you to learn more about what we offer at our Careers page.
· Group discounts via LifeMart ADP
· Monthly Doordash DashPass subscription
· Variety of events to learn from each other from brownbag sessions to Hackathons to DEMO DAYs
· Company sponsored role-based certifications/training
· Discretionary Bonus, Spot awards, Gifts, Tenure based rewards.
· 65%-75% company sponsored (including dependents) premiums towards Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance.
· 100% employer sponsored STD, LTD & Life Insurance (min $100K).
· Health, Dental, Vision and STD, LTD, Life Insurance & Voluntary Life insurance.
· Retirement 401(k) Plan with employer matching. Immediate vesting.
· Vacation & Sick leaves
Softrams is a Maryland & Virginia-based small business information technology, consulting, and solutions provider specializing in emerging technologies for UX/UI, Mobile Apps, DevOps, Big Data Analytics, Data Science, and Cyber Security. We offer innovative technology implementations and build customer-centric services that are simple, intuitive, scalable, efficient and most importantly usable.
Softrams is one of the fastest growing Digital Services firm in the Washington Metropolitan regions crafting human centered, empowering digital services with focus on HX, AI, Cloud, DevOps and Cyber Security. Offices in Leesburg VA, Baltimore MD and Plano TX and teams across USA.
- Recognized as one of the Top Workplaces in Technology (2021)
- INC 5000, Fastest growing companies in America (2nd year in a row)
- Washington Business Journal Top 75 Fastest Growing Companies in Greater Washington area
- 2020 NXT UP - Top Federal Emerging Technology and consulting firms
- 2020 Inaugural DC Metro’s Most Successful Companies
- 2020 Washington Technology Fast 50
- NVTC Tech 100 (2019, 2020)
Softrams is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, nation origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.