The Technical Application Architect is a technical leadership position with a product oriented vision to further the user experience and the technical stance of the program. The idea candidate is a hands-on technical expert in modern web development solutions, capable of implementing proof of concept for solutions being design for the users. Your insights from these customer engagements will influence future product development and roadmap. You will be required to present challenges, solutions, and guidance to senior technical and business decision makers, executives, Softrams product development staff members and leadership.
The candidate should possess strong software engineering and architectural knowledge building cloud solutions. As a member of the engineering team, you will help sprint teams understand and prioritize customer requirements and feedback for the implementation and improvement of product features. We are looking for a person who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and lean in with the developers.
To be successful in this challenging position, you will need exceptional cross-group collaboration, strategic thinking, and inter-personal skills. The candidate needs to possess excellent communication and presentation skills as well as have the ability to effectively interface with team members and customers at all levels. As a thought leader, the candidate will also need to have a deep understanding of the best practices and strategies for web application development in the AWS cloud.
This role is 100% remote for candidates residing in the US only. Selected candidates will undergo a Public Trust clearance and in most cases would need to meet the requirement of residing legally in the United States for at least three (3) years of the last five (5) years. (The three (3) years do not have to be consecutive.)
Roles and responsibilities:
· Provide Technical Leadership to a program delivering software for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
· Ensure software and other deliverables meet client expectations for quality, completeness and timeliness
· Provide direction to the engineering staff per their roles in application development, testing, and operations
· Support constructive conversations and resolve conflict as needed
· Facilitate/participate in key Agile rituals across Scrum teams
· Communicate project risks and other status to external and internal senior stakeholders
· Conduct periodic reviews and make recommendations for enhancements and improvements
· Ensure that documentation is stored in correct location according to version control requirements
· Assist program in all process improvement activities
· Stay hands-on with code with the team and guide them as needed
· Manage the engineering team members, provide performance evaluations, and mentor them to adopt best practices
· As part of company’s growth efforts, employee from time to time participates in coding and design challenges to build working prototypes.
· Bachelor’s Degree and at least 4 years leading/ architecting all phases of the agile software development life cycle.
· Over 8 plus years of progressive experience as developer, senior developer, lead developer etc building and architecting large scale enterprise applications using Angular/ Node and AWS stack.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills and must be detailed oriented.
· Must be able to create, present, and defend a vision of the functional user centric solution to the rest of the team
· Must be able to effectively and professionally communicate to management, peers and customers as well as demonstrate sound judgment/reasoning skills
· Experience in an Agile environment, leading agile sprint teams and using agile collaboration tools (Jira, confluence, etc.)
· Demonstrated ability to diagnose business problems, and support to come up with product roadmaps and timelines for product implementation.
· Demonstrated ability to analyze complex data and business for business operations; demonstrated ability to understand user needs for system and interfaces and come up with requirement documentation. Able to perform end-to-end business process analysis to identify gaps and come up with improvements.
· Verifiable experience with architecting application, systems or products using agile & iterative practices
· Must be able to exercise critical and rational thinking to identify alternate solution, strengths & weakness of each options, documenting and discussing them with stakeholders to inform decisions.
· Must have demonstrated experience in documenting complex technical and business problems in a simple & intuitive manner that others can understand.
Must have experience in architecting and hands-on implementation experience with modern technologies stack like Node.js
, Angular latest versions, AWS, Go, Python, MySQL, PostgreSQL
· Must show appetite for active learning, embracing change and mentoring others in organization.
· Two (2) or more years of experience working with Federal Healthcare IT Projects. Other government contract project management experience will be considered.
· Knowledge of Healthcare, Medicare and Medicaid systems and data is a plus.
· Demonstrated ability come up with System designs, architecture, process flows and Concept of Operations for large complex systems
· Demonstrated experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
· Experience with Big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Machine Learning and one more cloud environments (AWS, Google and Azure)
Some of the day-to-day activities will include but not limited to:
· Working with Technical Leadership, Chief Architect, Product Managers, Stakeholders to come up with Product Architecture, road maps and implementation plans.
· Collaborating with Product teams to review code, designing proof of concepts, frameworks and ensuring best practices
· Representing engineering team in Sprint demos to Clients.
· Understanding and working with complex data and business processes to modernize legacy systems to improve the user experience.
· Adhere to and drive agile & iterative development practices.
Benefits and Perks
At Softrams you will have freedom and opportunity to shape your career and grow with the organization. Starting with a great competitive pay, variety of learning opportunities and great benefits to amazing opportunities to grow. Here is a short list of benefits for quick reference, but we encourage you to learn more about what we offer at our Careers
* Group discounts via LifeMart ADP
* Monthly Doordash DashPass subscription
* Variety of events to learn from each other from brownbag sessions to Hackathons to DEMO DAYs
* Company sponsored role-based certifications/training
* Discretionary Bonus, Spot awards, Gifts, Tenure based rewards.
* 65%-75% company sponsored (including dependents) premiums towards Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance.
* 100% employer sponsored STD, LTD & Life Insurance (min $100K).
* Health, Dental, Vision and STD, LTD, Life Insurance & Voluntary Life insurance.
* Retirement 401(k) Plan with employer matching. Immediate vesting.
* Vacation & Sick leaves
Public Trust Clearance
This role requires the hired candidate to go through public clearance. A minimum of 3 years of stay in the U.S. within the last 5 years is a must to be eligible to qualify for public trust clearance sponsorship.
We do have great open collaboration physical office spaces in Leesburg VA and Baltimore MD for those of us that may prefer either short term or long-term physical spaces. However, Softrams is a 100% remote first team environment, and this role is a 100% remote opportunity within USA. Softrams works in eastern zone and standard work hours are 9 AM ET to 5 PM ET with flexibility around the start and end times based on the team needs.
Softrams is a Maryland & Virginia-based small business information technology, consulting, and solutions provider specializing in emerging technologies for UX/UI, Mobile Apps, DevOps, Big Data Analytics, Data Science, and Cyber Security. We offer innovative technology implementations and build customer-centric services that are simple, intuitive, scalable, efficient and most importantly usable.
Softrams is one of the fastest growing Digital Services firm in the Washington Metropolitan regions crafting human centered, empowering digital services with focus on HX, AI, Cloud, DevOps and Cyber Security. Offices in Leesburg VA, Baltimore MD and Plano TX and teams across USA.
- Recognized as one of the Top Workplaces in Technology (2021)
- INC 5000, Fastest growing companies in America (2nd year in a row)
- Washington Business Journal Top 75 Fastest Growing Companies in Greater Washington area
- 2020 NXT UP - Top Federal Emerging Technology and consulting firms
- 2020 Inaugural DC Metro’s Most Successful Companies
- 2020 Washington Technology Fast 50
- NVTC Tech 100 (2019, 2020)
Softrams is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, nation origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.