Softrams is an award-winning healthcare technology company and one of the fastest growing digital services firms in the Washington Metropolitan region with teams distributed and working remotely throughout United States.
We rely on principles of Human Centered Design (HCD), modern cloud native architectures and agile practices to build participatory, responsive, civic digital services that are simple, intuitive, and empowering. We are proud to offer our services to Federal Agencies like Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and US Department of Agriculture (USDA) and build impactful solutions and support innovation at Federal Agencies since 2015.
“Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) participating in the Medicare Shared Savings Program (Shared Savings Program) in 2020 earned performance payments (shared savings) totaling nearly $2.3 billion while saving Medicare approximately $1.9 billion, marking the fourth consecutive year of net savings for Medicare” - https://bit.ly/softrams_acoms_2021
Softrams Team has built and continue to support the ACO Management System (ACOMS) that CMS teams and ACO teams rely on to manage ACO participation in the Medicare Shared Services Program.
Please visit https://softrams.com/our-work/
to learn more about our work, the impact in the healthcare eco-system and our awards like the “Top Work Places” in the Technology segment for 2021.
- Join The Team: We are looking for a Senior/Lead level Human Centered Design (HCD) Researcher to join our team to lead HCD driven solutions.
You will make a great fit, if you have:
- Experience with Human Centered Design specifically in building digital services
- 5 or more years of experience in working with Designers, Researchers and Analysts in planning, conducting, and translating opportunities
- Experience with research and design of civic digital services
- Deep understanding of inclusivity and equity in research and service design
- Experience in researching and designing “productivity”/B2B applications and
- Excellent understanding of various research methods and any associated PRA burden or impacts to effectively plan and apply
On a day to day basis you will:
- Proactively review and understand existing product, environment, eco-system, research data and insights
- Review product analytics, customer service data and other sources to understand patterns, personas and key usage scenarios
- Meet with Product Owner, Designer and Agency stakeholders to review scope and research goals for an upcoming study
- Prepare together a research plan for an upcoming study and present with team to Agency stakeholders
- Recruit, schedule, co-ordinate and conduct research sessions/engagements with participants
- Synthesize data collected carefully to identify and socialize opportunities
- Help team and agency stakeholders connect dots to leverage research insights to product development
- Review, critique, guide and mentor other researchers and team members
- Participate and share lessons learned, new concepts, methods in learning events like brownbag sessions, DEMO Days and external events like meetups and conferences
- As part of company’s growth efforts, employee from time to time participates in coding and design challenges to build working prototypes.
Public Trust Clearance
This role requires the hired candidate to go through public clearance. A minimum of 3 years of stay in the U.S. within the last 5 years is a must to be eligible to qualify for public trust clearance sponsorship.
Benefits and Perks
- 65%-75% company sponsored (including dependents) premiums towards Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance. 100% employer sponsored STD, LTD & Life Insurance (min $100K). Voluntary Life insurance option available.
- Retirement 401(k) Plan with employer matching. Immediate vesting.
- Vacation & Sick leaves
- Discretionary Bonus, Spot awards, Gifts, Tenure based rewards.
- Company sponsored role based certifications/trainings.
- Monthly Doordash DashPass subscription.
- Group discounts via LifeMart ADP
Softrams is a 100% remote at the moment and we expect our employees to be onsite 2-3 times a week post-covid. Must be able to work on-site in Woodlawn, MD when onsite work resumes.
Softrams is a Maryland & Virginia-based small business information technology, consulting, and solutions provider specializing in emerging technologies for UX/UI, Mobile Apps, DevOps, Big Data Analytics, Data Science, and Cyber Security. We offer innovative technology implementations and build customer-centric services that are simple, intuitive, scalable, efficient and most importantly usable.
Softrams is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, nation origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.