Softrams, LLC is one of the fastest growing Digital Services firm in the Washington Metropolitan regions crafting human centered, empowering digital services with focus on HX, AI, Cloud, DevOps and Cyber Security. Offices in Leesburg VA, Baltimore MD and Plano TX and teams across USA.
1. Recognized as one of the Top Workplaces in Technology (2021)
2. INC 5000, Fastest growing companies in America (2nd year in a row)
3. Washington Business Journal Top 75 Fastest Growing Companies in Greater Washington area
4. 2020 NXT UP - Top Federal Emerging Technology and consulting firms
5. 2020 Inaugural DC Metro’s Most Successful Companies
6. 2020 Washington Technology Fast 50
7. NVTC Tech 100 (2019, 2020)
Softrams is seeking a Release Train Engineer (RTE) to help evolve and integrate new program for Federal Client along with running a mature SAFe project/ program.
This is a hybrid role that properly balances agile leadership and program management to help software development teams build and deliver solutions more efficiently. This position requires individuals who have previously been successful Scrum Masters and/or Agile Coaches on highly distributed teams, have led Agile/Scrum adoption in the past, and have experience in software delivery as well as those who can effectively drive and influence change
Roles & Responsibilities
· Facilitate the Agile Release Train (ART), escalate impediments, manage risk, and help drive program-level continuous improvement.
· Facilitate program events such as PI Planning, Inspect & Adapt, the Scrum of Scrums and the Portfolio leadership meetings.
· Ensure mission execution, lead and facilitate teams through development and delivery, guides the transition to and implementation of Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), act as Agile Product Owner Sync and Scrum of Scrum Master, and act as an Agile and SAFe facilitator at the Portfolio, Program, and Team levels (Value level, as applied).
· Facilitate Release, Sprint and Kanban activities, Agile Release Train (ART) execution, and delivery of end-to-end value.
· Track and report the ART performance. Own the identified dependencies during the PI planning meeting. This ownership includes working closely with points of contact and facilitating inter group communication and dependency resolution.
· Resolve and/or escalate impediments to Leadership and Management as required. If an impediment is outside of a scrum master’s span of influence, the RTE shall collaborate with the proper point of contact to resolve or escalate the impediment.
· Should be skilled in coaching new Agile teams, cross- functional team members (Dev, QA, BA, Architecture), Scrum Masters, Product Owners, and Product Managers in Lean Principles, Scrum/Kanban practices to achieve best practices.
· Should Provide a vision and strategy; coach and calibrate the team; enable a culture of continuous improvement.
· Should Identify, develop and execute strategies and supporting tactics to engage and influence stakeholders to make needed behavioral changes.
· Communicate projects' transformation progress via weekly updates to management highlighting successes, risks, areas of improvement, and suggested resolutions.
· Prepare and deliver presentations and training materials for Federal, contractor, and company teams.
· Minimum 4 years working in a pure Agile environment (Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, DevOps), with at least 2 years of actively coaching and transitioning teams, programs, and portfolios in SAFe environment.
· The individual must hold at least one Agile certification. This includes PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP), Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Certified Scrum Professional (CSP), SAFe Agilist (SA), or SAFe Program Consultant.
· Experience working with some of the following Agile tools: ServiceNow Agile, CA Rally, JIRA, Confluence, TFS, ALM, or VerionOne
Public Trust Clearance
This role requires the hired candidate to go through public clearance. A minimum of 3 years of stay in the U.S. within the last 5 years is a must to be eligible to qualify for public trust clearance sponsorship.
Benefits and Perks
· 65%-75% company sponsored (including dependents) premiums towards Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance. 100% employer sponsored STD, LTD & Life Insurance (min $100K). Voluntary Life insurance option available.
· Retirement 401(k) Plan with employer matching. Immediate vesting.
· Vacation & Sick leaves
· Discretionary Bonus, Spot awards, Gifts, Tenure based rewards.
· Company sponsored role based certifications/trainings.
· Monthly Doordash DashPass subscription.
· Group discounts via LifeMart ADP
Softrams is a 100% remote at the moment and we expect some of our employees to be onsite (Woodlawn, MD) 2-3 times a week post-covid especially if they are customer facing or if there are important team meetings. Softrams works in eastern zone and standard work hours are 9 AM to 5 PM with flexibility around the start and end times based on the individual smaller teams. This role qualifies for 100% remote for the right candidate.
Softrams is a Maryland & Virginia-based small business information technology, consulting, and solutions provider specializing in emerging technologies for UX/UI, Mobile Apps, DevOps, Big Data Analytics, Data Science, and Cyber Security. We offer innovative technology implementations and build customer-centric services that are simple, intuitive, scalable, efficient and most importantly usable.
Softrams is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, nation origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.