Softrams, LLC is a rapidly growing small 8(a) business that provides innovative technical solutions to the Federal government. Softrams is seeking a Proposal Manager with expertise in developing responses to Federal Procurements for complex IT Programs. This role is part of a collaborative and agile Business Development/Management team that works closely with our App Foundry (our idea lab), APMHub and development teams to deliver timely, high-quality, and competitive technical proposals.
In this key role you will utilize experience reading and analyzing instructions, requirements and evaluation criteria of the opportunity (RFPs, RFQs, BPAs, IDIQs, RFIs), and the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) that govern Federal contracting, to determine a compliant and compelling format for the response. You will need exceptional organization, grammar, proofreading, and spelling abilities and be able to work in a deadline-driven environment to complete the responses on time with high-quality. You will also work to communicate the proposal requirements in various ways to technology partners and team members, including graphic layouts and Power Point presentations. You will either be developing a template for the proposal or ensuring that an established template is followed and work with the team in building and managing the proposal pipeline. You will also work with the proposal team to ensure that deadlines are met. You could be working on multiple proposals at the same time. Finally, you will be responsible for communicating the progress of proposals to Softrams’ management team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Analyze the government solicitation, identify all requirements and criteria for evaluation, and conducts proposal development research.
- Develops & maintains a response schedule; prepares, leads/conducts/participates in meetings and reviews at all stages in the proposal (kick-off, planning and working sessions, team status calls, color team reviews, and lessons learned sessions).
- Develops win themes, best value proposition, and discriminators. Maintain focus on the win strategy throughout the proposal process and infuse that strategy and its resultant tactics effectively throughout the entire proposal.
- Respond rapidly to RFP amendments and implement required changes to proposal.
- Identify roles and responsibilities to the detail level; communicates data calls, tasks, and objectives clearly and unambiguously and ensures accountability on all requirements.
- Proven experience guiding the proposal team, dispersing information and overseeing the production of all the parts of the proposal, making sure all the aesthetics and written content is on point.
- Provides final quality control check, including proofreading for grammar, request for proposal (RFP) compliance and conformance to established strategies and plans.
- Verifies complex technical solutions, strategies and themes are easily understandable, readable and compelling.
- Comfortable with reviewing the work of the proposal team and returning the artifacts back with directions for any revisions, making sure everything is up to the standard before presenting it to clients.
- Develop, format, organize, and assemble proposal deliverables including the proposal volumes, CDs, cover letters, and other attachments in a timely manner.
- Prepare status reports and briefings for management.
- Define, document, implement, and support continual proposal process improvement.
- Engages management, technical leadership and staff in understanding and implementing capture management and proposal development best practices; provides on the job and just in time training accordingly to line staff, proposal writers and reviewers as needed.
- Act as a liaison with the Contracts department if support in negotiating contracts is needed.
- Establish short and long-term proposal objectives consistent with organizational strategy.
- Participates in strategic planning that includes evaluating marketing intelligence, identifying customer concerns, and key issues, and developing win strategies.
- Attends industry functions, to generate new leads.
- Assists in the development of other marketing tools such as brochures, company website, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in related field (business, marketing, engineering, etc.) preferred, other degrees such as Communication, Journalism, and English are acceptable.
- 5+ years of related proposal preparation of which, at least 3 years experience in a government contracting environment
- Advanced user in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access) and Adobe Creative Suite including In Design (Photoshop and Illustrator a plus).
- Strong understanding of marketing principles within the IT Industry.
- Strong experience with designing marketing material is preferred.
- Experience with Drop Box, Sharepoint, Govwin, Jira, Confluence preferred.
- Previous experience with the creation, maintenance, and development of marketing and proposal databases is desired.
- Experience and ability to manage multiple priorities/tasks and possess strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to independently manage a challenging workload when faced with unexpected changes in priorities and deadlines.
- Two (2) or more years of experience developing responses to Federal opportunities (IDIQs, BPAs, RFQs, RFIs) including required sections (Technical Response/PWS, QASP, Conflict of Interest, Executive Summary, Management and Staffing).
- Ability to understand complex technical solutions and communicate with technical staff
- Flexible, able to work as an individual or on a team and have flexibility to work non-traditional hours when necessary in an often stressful, deadline-oriented environment
- Experience with DoD/Military health is a plus.
Benefits and Perks
- 65%-75% company sponsored (including dependents) premiums towards Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance. 100% employer sponsored STD, LTD & Life Insurance (min $100K). Voluntary Life insurance option available.
- Retirement 401(k) Plan with employer matching. Immediate vesting.
- Vacation & Sick leaves
- Discretionary Bonus, Spot awards, Gifts, Tenure based rewards.
- Company sponsored role based certifications/trainings.
- Monthly Doordash DashPass subscription.
- Group discounts via LifeMart ADP
We have great open collaboration physical office spaces in Leesburg VA and Baltimore MD for those of us that may prefer either short term or long-term physical spaces. However, Softrams is a 100% remote within the United states, and this role is a 100% remote opportunity within USA. Softrams works in eastern zone and standard work hours are 9 AM ET to 5 PM ET with flexibility around the start and end times based on the team needs.
Softrams is a Maryland & Virginia-based small business information technology, consulting, and solutions provider specializing in emerging technologies for UX/UI, Mobile Apps, DevOps, Big Data Analytics, Data Science, and Cyber Security. We offer innovative technology implementations and build customer-centric services that are simple, intuitive, scalable, efficient and most importantly usable.
Softrams is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, nation origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.