Softrams is an award-winning healthcare technology company and one of the fastest growing digital services firms in the Washington Metropolitan region with teams distributed and working remotely throughout United States.
We rely on principles of Human Centered Design (HCD), modern cloud native architectures and agile practices to build participatory, responsive, civic digital services that are simple, intuitive, and empowering. We are proud to offer our services to Federal Agencies like Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and US Department of Agriculture (USDA) and build impactful solutions and support innovation at Federal Agencies since 2015.
“Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) participating in the Medicare Shared Savings Program (Shared Savings Program) in 2020 earned performance payments (shared savings) totaling nearly $2.3 billion while saving Medicare approximately $1.9 billion, marking the fourth consecutive year of net savings for Medicare” - https://bit.ly/softrams_acoms_2021
Softrams Team has built and continue to support the ACO Management System (ACOMS) that CMS teams and ACO teams rely on to manage ACO participation in the Medicare Shared Services Program.
Please visit https://softrams.com/our-work/
to learn more about our work, the impact in the healthcare eco-system and our awards like the “Top Work Places” in the Technology segment for 2021.
Join The Team
We are looking for a Senior/Lead level Human Centered Design (HCD) Designer to join our team to lead HCD driven solutions.
You will make a great fit, if you have:
1. Experience with Human Centered Design specifically in designing for digital services
2. 5 or more years of experience in working with Designers, Researchers and Analysts in planning, conducting, and translating opportunities
3. Experience with research and design of civic digital services
4. Deep understanding of inclusivity and equity in research and design
5. Experience in designing usable, accessible and empowering “productivity”/B2B applications
6. Excellent understanding of various design methods, workflows to create human centered designs working with agile teams
7. Experience building and working with design systems
On a day to day basis you will:
· Proactively review and understand existing product, environment, eco-system, information architecture, key user workflows
· Review product analytics, customer service data and other sources to understand patterns, personas and key usage scenarios
· Work with tools like Figma create and manage design systems, low fidelity and high fidelity wireframes
· Work with UI developers to build and manage design assets, style guides and design fidelity in the implemented application
· Build, review and test designs for accessibility, equity and inclusivity
· Meet with Product Owner, Researchers and Agency stakeholders to review scope and design goals for an upcoming iteration of product improvements
· Help team and agency stakeholders connect dots to leverage research insights to product development
· Review, critique, guide and mentor other designers and team members
· Participate and share lessons learned, new concepts, methods in learning events like brownbag sessions, DEMO Days and external events like meetups and conferences
· Preference for those with experience around usability and building 508-compliant web applications;
. A portfolio showcasing broad design and development competencies, including usability, UI design, and HCD best practices;
· Must have been a resident of the United States for at least 3 years in the most recent 5 years to qualify for public trust clearance.
We at Softrams believe in agile, repeatable processes, modern technologies, intuitive user interfaces, simple solutions and user-centric services that work for our clients and their customers. We emphasize clean, high-quality coding; continuous integration & testing; and automated deployments in scalable hosting environments. We believe in “failing fast” and in transparency in our work. And we are committed to delivering continuous business value to our clients.
Softrams is a Maryland & Virginia-based small business providing information technology and consulting, and specializing in emerging technologies for UX/UI, Mobile Apps, DevOps, Big Data Analytics, Data Science, and Cyber Security. We offer innovative technology implementations and build customer-centric services that are simple, intuitive, scalable, efficient and most importantly usable.
Softrams is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, nation origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
As a HUBZone certified business, we strongly encourage candidates who reside in a HUBZone area to apply. Visit http://map.sba.gov/hubzone/maps/ to see if you reside in a HUBZone area.
§ Health, Dental, Vision and STD, LTD, Life Insurance & Voluntary Life insurance
§ Retirement 401(k) Plan with employer matching. Immediate vesting
§ Vacation, Sick leaves, Federal holidays
§ Discretionary bonus
§ Learning and certification opportunities