Softrams is one of the fastest growing Digital Services firm in the Washington Metropolitan regions crafting human centered, empowering digital services with focus on HX, AI, Cloud, DevOps and Cyber Security. Offices in Leesburg VA, Baltimore MD and Plano TX and teams across USA.
1. Recognized as one of the Top Workplaces in Technology (2021)
2. INC 5000, Fastest growing companies in America (2nd year in a row)
3. Washington Business Journal Top 75 Fastest Growing Companies in Greater Washington area
4. 2020 NXT UP - Top Federal Emerging Technology and consulting firms
5. 2020 Inaugural DC Metro’s Most Successful Companies
6. 2020 Washington Technology Fast 50
7. NVTC Tech 100 (2019, 2020)
Softrams is seeking to hire a talented Systems Architect. The ideal candidate should be highly focused, detail oriented, and able to multitask in a fast-pace environment. If you are looking for challenges, problem solving, and working with the latest in technology then Softrams has a spot for you. This role is a 100% remote. As a Systems Architect on our team, you'll work with the Department of Labor to provide architecture expertise and technical support in the evaluation of EFAST. Through your leadership, we’ll help the DOL use cloud-based systems to ensure adherence to applicable standards, EFAST requirements, and analyzing large datasets.
The key responsibilities for this position include;
· Performs analysis and reviews documentation of EFAST, including data flow and infrastructure.
· Analyzes user requirements, prepares documentation, and provides advice on design to most efficiently utilize hardware and software configurations to meet requirements.
· Provides architecture expertise to team members. Assists team members with documenting existing and/or required systems.
· Provides architecture expertise in the design and specification of new and revised data processing systems.
· Provides technical support in the evaluation of EFAST architecture, software, data communications, and protocols.
· Determines effort needed to make proposed changes to the EFAST architecture and recommends better utilization of system capabilities to improve system efficiency.
· Evaluates the ability of computer software and tools to support specific requirements and interfaces; determines potential and actual bottlenecks and risks; and proposes recommendations for system improvements.
· Design, or lead the design of, the complete technology solution for projects. Technology solutions will include commercial off-the-shelf products, custom development, and low-code development.
· Develop the technical architecture strategy, vision, and roadmaps.
· Provide guidance, thought leadership, and mentorship to development teams to build cloud and service-oriented architecture competencies.
· Provide innovative thought leadership around cloud solutions strategy and approach, including AWS best practices and market trends.
· Lead the implementation of standardized processes and application architecture.
· Act as main liaison with the infrastructure group.
· Maintain strong working relationships across all technology and business groups.
· Lead, coach, and mentor through example by designing, analyzing, debugging and sometimes coding prototypes.
· Develop architectural diagrams for applications (network, OS, ports, protocols, application aspects).
· Work with security analysts to develop secure applications.
· Contribute to project budget preparation.
· Develop and manage vendor relationships in support of multi-vendor solutions.
· Master’s degree in IT, engineering, math, or related discipline.
· At least ten (10) years of experience in design of IT systems.
· At least three (3) years of experience as lead engineer or lead architect implementing/managing a cloud-based environment similar in scope and complexity to EFAST.
· Extensive knowledge of computing techniques and technology and demonstrated ability to manage automated, mission-critical systems that consistently meet high service levels.
· Extensive knowledge of web-based forms processing technologies as applied to complex, automated form-processing systems such as EFAST.
· Demonstrated ability to apply web-based processing technologies to practical applications such as EFAST.
· Extensive knowledge of user-account management, backup & recovery, and architecture monitoring.
· Demonstrated experience in performing the functional responsibilities of the position, embracing change and mentoring others in organization.
Public Trust Clearance
This role requires the hired candidate to go through public clearance. A minimum of 3 years of stay in the U.S. within the last 5 years is a must to be eligible to qualify for public trust clearance sponsorship.
Benefits and Perks
· 65%-75% company sponsored (including dependents) premiums towards Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance. 100% employer sponsored STD, LTD & Life Insurance (min $100K). Voluntary Life insurance option available.
· Retirement 401(k) Plan with employer matching. Immediate vesting.
· Vacation & Sick leaves
· Discretionary Bonus, Spot awards, Gifts, Tenure based rewards.
· Company sponsored role based certifications/trainings.
· Monthly Doordash DashPass subscription.
· Group discounts via LifeMart ADP
Softrams is a 100% remote within the United States. This role qualifies for 100% remote within the Untied Stated.
Softrams is a Maryland & Virginia-based small business information technology, consulting, and solutions provider specializing in emerging technologies for UX/UI, Mobile Apps, DevOps, Big Data Analytics, Data Science, and Cyber Security. We offer innovative technology implementations and build customer-centric services that are simple, intuitive, scalable, efficient and most importantly usable.
Softrams is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, nation origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.